Electronic Chart Display & Information System
COLREGS compatible Collision Avoidance Software
- The COLREGS ADVISER module is an integral part of Totem ECDIS. It automatically analyzes the data of all targets and advises the OOW on the required action.
- The CPA (Closest Point of Approach) of all vessels is taken into account together with the stipulations of the COLREGS. If required, a “Course To Steer” advice will be given to the OOW automatically
- More information on the relevant page called
COLREGS Adviser www.totemplus.com/colregs.html
- Electronic charts integrated with information from various ship navigation systems including AIS, GPS, Gyrocompass, Speed Log, Wind Sensor, Echo Sounder and more.
- Collision prevention algorithms minimize human error.
- Data logging and playback functionality.
- Complies with IMO Resolutions A.817 (19) and MSC.232 (82), IHO S-57 and S-52 Standards and IEC 61174, 61162 and 62288 Standards
- Type approved by DNV
- Interfaces with ship’s navigational equipment to provide all necessary navigational information.
- Route planning and monitoring capabilities, including automatic navigation assistance.
- AIS targets displayed on-screen including vessel info, position and course tracking.
- Supports S-57 (Official IHO standard ENC vector charts) and C-MAP CM93/3 chart formats.
- Easy and simple chart updating using direct Internet connection, Email or offline updating.
- Chart display features according to S-52 presentation library.
- Displays general and hazard information for chart objects.
- Vessel collision prediction, monitoring and alarm for all AIS targets.
- Vessel collision prevention utilizing "what-if" algorithm to evaluate course correction solutions.
- Alarm when approaching dangerous areas such as shallow waters, navigational hazards etc.
- "Man Overboard" mode for single-click emergency operation.
- Shift Change Procedure: Check list that will take place when the officer is starting his shift and will give him a clear picture of the systems function, or will point out malfunctioning. The Change Shift test will gascertain that the system is ready for the next shift period.
- Type-approved marine PC with a high-resolution monitor
- Designed to operate in harsh maritime environments
- Flexible and expandable configuration
- Up to 8 serial ports – capable to interface navigation equipment
- Option: navigation console
Training courses for ECDIS
- Information regarding different options of training can be find under the page ECDIS Training www.totemplus.com/ecdis_training.html
Remote Maintenance with Totem Cellular Router
- A Cellular Router allows remote diagnostics, updates and assistance to Totem ECDIS.